|Entering Your Mailbox||Record Your Outside and Internal Greetings|
|Record Your Name||Set Your Security Code|
|Spell Your Name||Opening Your Mailbox|
|Choose Your Directory Listing||Setup Tips|
When you call the NEAXMail AD-8 system for the first time, you will be asked to personalize your mailbox. Doing this will open your mailbox and make it ready to use.
- From your station. Lift handset.
- Enter NEAXMail AD-8.
- Follow prompts to accomplish the following steps.
- Press for Yes or for No to confirm each entry.
- Record your first and last name.
- Press to end recording and review your name recording.
- Press to re-record, otherwise press
- If requested, spell the first 3 letters of your last name by entering the corresponding numbers on your telephone keypad.
- Press for Yes or for No to choose whether or not you wish to be listed in the NEAXMail AD-8 directory. It is recommended that you choose to be listed, as the directory lets outside callers reach you by your last name if they do not know your extension number.
- Press for Yes if you want to record different greetings for outside and internal callers, otherwise press .
- At the prompt, record an appropriate greeting to callers who reach your mailbox. Use the handset to record your name and a brief, descriptive message.
- Press to end recording and review your greeting.
- Press to re-record, otherwise press .
- Press for Yes if you wish to enter a Security Code to safeguard your mailbox from unauthorized access, otherwise press
- Enter a Security Code of 3 to 10 digits via your telephone keypad.
- Press to complete code entry.
- Re-enter your security code, as prompted, for confirmation.
- Press to complete code entry.
- Press to confirm your personalized settings and open your mailbox for use, otherwise press .
NOTE: Your personalized settings can be changed at any time through Setup Options.
- Keep your greetings current. Change them as often as necessary. If your greetings are accurate, callers are more likely to leave a message.
- Personalize your greeting. Record your own greeting, include your first and last name and if appropriate, your department. Callers hearing your voice feel more confident that you will receive their message.
- You can have different greetings for outside callers and internal callers. See “Changing Your Setup Options” to record an alternate outside greeting to use on special occasions, for example, when you will be out of the office.
- Remember, NEAXMail AD-8 tells you the day and time each message was left. There’s no need to ask callers to include this information in their message.
- Encourage effective messaging. Ask callers to leave relevant information so that your return call will be productive. When applicable, your greeting should include an alternate extension that may be pressed by someone needing immediate assistance.
- Record a clear and audible greeting. Initially, it may be helpful to write down your greeting. When recording, remember to speak in a normal voice directly into the handset.
- Your security code protects your privacy. Pick a security code that is easy for you to remember and hard for a stranger to guess. Shorter security codes are easier to enter. Longer codes offer more protection. You can change or delete your security code from any touchtone telephone. If you forget your security code, ask your System Manager to delete your code and then immediately enter a new one.